Confidence and Self Esteem go hand in hand….just like Peanut Butter and Jam!
One of the hallmarks of confidence is being sure about your abilities and that those abilities will ensure a positive outcome. Confident people have a strong self-esteem with a realistic respect for themselves and their good attributes.
But, what happens when you feel your not confident, your self esteem seems to be low? Well, we use strategies to help us get through those times where we are not feeling confident and we need a little extra boost.
Below I will post some helpful tips for those that feel they are struggling…..your never alone……so know that.
Step 1. Own The Part – When we look confident, we feel confident!!
- Take a little extra time in the morning and work your magic girlfriend….take a shower, floss your teeth, try out a new hairstyle.
- Dress the part……wear clothes that make you feel confident……clean, sleek lined and comfortable
Step 2. Posture –How do you stand?
- Carry yourself like you own your confidence…..Keep your shoulders back, your spine straight, and your chin high. Walk with purpose instead of dragging your feet, and sit up straight. When you look like a confident person on the outside, you’ll be approached as one by the world around you.
Step 3. Always Smile……. research shows that smiling reduces the stress hormones in the brain
- Keep the smile small if your not feeling confident just yet, everyone knows a fake smile when they see one.
Step 4. Make Eye Contact…….Don’t be afraid to meet the eyes of someone else; it shows not only that you are a person worthy of communicating with, but it tells them you respect them, acknowledge their presence, and are interested in the conversation.
Step 5. Be Approachable……is your body language saying Approach Me?
- Keep your body open. If you have your arms and legs crossed, you’re telling the world that you’re not interested in welcoming them in. Same goes for your face and hands
Step 6. Hold The Eye Contact…. Did you know that other people are just as shy about eye contact as you are?
- Eye contact allows people to know that you see them just as they are.
The next time you are feeling a lack of self confidence or a lack of self esteem, try out these six steps and see how they work for you.
Practice makes perfect!
I see you and I honor you!!
Forever Yours, SimpleeSoulful