Have you heard of Affirmations before? This is something that I did not always know about, and I sure wish I had learned about these a lot earlier on in life than now, but, the most important thing is, someone took the time to share with me exactly what they are. And, I in turn am going to share with you what was shared with me.
What Is An Affirmation? An affirmation is described as
the action or process of affirming something or being affirmed. Affirmations are written or spoken positive statements that, when practiced, rewire our thoughts and beliefs. They are designed to bring a life fulfilled with gratitude and positivity.
Why Do Affirmations Work? Affirmation are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes.
How Many Times Should You Say An Affirmation? The general rule is three times a day for a minimum of 30 days. Once when you first awake in the morning, once right before bed-time and once throughout your day. It never hurts to say your affirmations more than this, but no less than this.
Can Affirmations Change Your Life? They changed mine. When change is needed in your life, it all begins with your thoughts. When you repeat an affirmation to yourself, whether aloud or in your mind, your mind is re-training itself to see these affirmations as an absolute truth.
Louise Hay states…..An affirmation opens the door. It’s a beginning point on the path to change. In essence, you’re saying to your subconscious mind: “I am taking responsibility. I am aware that there is something I can do to change.” When I talk about doing affirmations, I mean consciously choosing words that will either help eliminate something from your life or help create something new in your life.
Every thought you think and every word you speak is an affirmation. All of our self-talk, our internal dialogue, is a stream of affirmations. You’re using affirmations every moment whether you know it or not. You’re affirming and creating your life experiences with every word and thought.
However, saying affirmations is only part of the process. What you do the rest of the day and night is even more important. The secret to having your affirmations work quickly and consistently is to prepare an atmosphere for them to grow in. Affirmations are like seeds planted in soil. Poor soil, poor growth. Rich soil, abundant growth. The more you choose to think thoughts that make you feel good, the quicker the affirmations work.
So think happy thoughts, it’s that simple. And it is doable. The way you choose to think, right now, is just that-a choice. You may not realize it because you’ve thought this way for so long, but it really is a choice. Now . . . today . . . this moment . . . you can choose to change your thinking. Your life won’t turn around overnight, but if you’re consistent and make the choice on a daily basis to think thoughts that make you feel good, you’ll definitely make positive changes in every area of your life.
Now that we have covered exactly what an affirmation is and is not, we can begin to look at how we could write an affirmation of our very own.
If you have a negative thought or a negative belief, we need to replace it with an empowering, positive thought. When you replace your negative thought with an empowering thought, and you are repeating that statement to yourself a minimum of three times a day, the empowering thought will become a habit and you will believe it.
How Do You Write Your Very Own Personal Affirmation?
- Choose the negative thought or belief about yourself that is holding you back and write down a positive thought that counteracts the negative thought.
- Make the affirmation short so that it is easier to say, repeat and memorize.
- Start your affirmation with “I” or “Me”
- Write your affirmation is present tense
There are 4 Keys To Successful Affirmation Statements
1.It must be believable and within your power
2. It must be in present tense
3. You must feel it
4. You must repeat it regularly a minimum of three times a day
Once we can start implementing these affirmations/positive statements into our daily lives, the more positivity we can welcoming into our lives.
Here are ten Affirmations that can help you to start changing your life:
1. I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
2. Today, I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy.
3. My body is healthy; my mind is brilliant; my soul is tranquil.
4. I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
5. I have been given endless talents which I begin to utilize today.
6. I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them.
7. A river of compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love.
8. I am guided in my every step by Spirit who leads me towards what I must know and do.
9. (If you’re married) My marriage is becoming stronger, deeper, and more stable each day.
10. I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful.
As a woman in this world, we can struggle because we have so many demands on us — work, family and home responsibilities, children, and other commitments, as a woman we may be thinking we can and should do it all and do it perfectly.
This is where Affirmations can come into play, with each positive affirmation, you are reinforcing a vision of what you know can be true.
Daily Affirmations for Women
1. I am at peace with my body and accept it as it is. It was created to do amazing things.
2. I love living in my unique female body. It has features that are distinctive and make me who I am.
3. I am attractive just as I am. I don’t need to change anything. I’m not perfect, but I am still beautiful.
4. I love my body and I take care of it through healthy eating and exercise. I respect my body and am thankful for all it can do.
5. I am responsible for what happens to my body, so I treat it with love, respect, and care.
Have you considered affirmations cards for your children?
Want to get your children started with affirmation cards? Simply try writing the affirmations on bright colored paper to engage with your children. This is especially fun to turn it into a mommy and me moment!
Positive affirmations for children
- I am loved.
- I am helpful.
- I have lots of friends who love me.
- My dreams are coming true.
- I am kind.
My sincere hope is that these positive affirmations will help you get through your tough days and achieve your goals for confidence, personal growth, and success.
Remember, the more you nourish and feed your inner self, the more empowered you will feel and the more motivated you will be to conquer the days ahead of you.
Affirmations changed my life, I hope they can change yours!!
Forever Yours, SimpleeSoulful