Have you ever been in the presence of others and you have looked around and a particular person or group of people stand out to you? Not because they are better dressed than you, but because they are standing in such a way that when you look at them, they are oozing out self confidence. This self confidence does not come from the way their hair is styled or the way they are wearing their makeup or even the clothes that they are wearing. It is just simply something that is speaking volumes to you and quite possibly the others in the room as well.
I used to be one of those very people that opted out of being in attendance at any event that involved dressing up and looking confident. But, let’s get real, I was not exactly always a people person, I was not into crowds, and I was not exactly invited to any A list anythings. But, as I started opening myself up to other venues of life and other people, I began to be invited to more and more things, hence the, “I need to learn how to stand in a way that has me beaming with self confidence”.
So, I hit the internet….HELLO search bar…..and as luck would have it, it was all there for me to read and practice and I quickly learned that it was not just how I was standing, it was about so much more than just that. It was the look on my face, the way I held my shoulders, how I held my chest…..good lord, what was I getting into.
I quickly learned that I needed to practice…….really practice, at this whole standing thing if I wanted to get it just right! There was a certain way to hold myself that would help to boost my self confidence. I quickly realized that the full length mirror I had purchased was about to come in real handy, real soon.
How To Stand To Boost Self Confidence
- Stand in front of the full length mirror.…….make a awakened effort to stand naturally and normally, just as you would in your everyday life
- Now, take a look in the mirror. A really good look, what do you see? Are you slouching? If you seen that person across the room standing like you, would you perceive them as confident? If the answer is no, play around with a new stance until you find one that looks confident in your eyes.
- Try some new moves!! -Try positioning your head in a new way -Breathe in and out, pushing your chest out a bit…….as a woman, this gives the appearance of a larger bust -Keep your back straight….that gives the illusion of being taller and ultimately slimmer -Push your shoulders back. You want to look relaxed and at ease, but, yet informed and content.
- Place one foot slightly in front of the other……this gives the look of being confident. -Always keep a small space between your feet.
- Distribute 40% of your weight throughout your heel and 60% through the ball of your feet and toes…….this brings your body slightly forward and helps you look observant and attentive, and all the while looking like you are enjoying yourself.
- Try moving as you talk, this makes you look more attentive to the person you are listening too. Be sure to face people when you are talking to them, this also sends a message of self confidence.
- Your overall goal is to look calm, all the while also looking receptive and honored to be there.
Having a relaxed peaceful posture allows you to send a message to others that you are at ease in this environment and you were made to be there. It also helps you from looking uptight or nervous, even though inside that may be how you are feeling.
The next time you are heading out to a big event or even a large gathering with others that you do not know, feel free to try out these 7 ways to boost your self confidence.
If you find something that works for you, do not be afraid to share it here with us, I would love nothing more that to celebrate you and your self confidence!!
Forever Yours, SimpleeSoulful
Like my content…..you may also like to find me athttp://www.facebook.com/simpleesoulful