What Is Self Awareness – Self Awareness is defined as having a clear perception of your personality, including strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation, and emotions. Self Awareness allows you to understand other people, how they perceive you, your attitude and your responses to them in the moment. In other words How Are You Feeling? Are you happy, sad, annoyed, hurt? If you can answer this question, you have become self aware.
Why Is Self Awareness Important – Self Awareness is important on so many levels but it becomes super important when we are honest with ourselves, our true inner self. When we are able to do an exact audit on ourselves and learn what we are really good at and what we are really not good at, and where we need to improve, we can begin to map out our path to greatness. But, as I said above, we must get real and raw with exactly where we need to grow ourselves to become our best self.
For Example……..When I wanted to start this blog, I had absolutely NO IDEA to do that……so I turned to online videos. I knew what I wanted but I knew I could not do it alone, I needed some help. The tech world is a bit out of my scope but upon listening and reading and being guided, I was able to turn my idea of blogging on my own blog into a reality. And while, it has been a real learning curve for me, it has been an amazing journey thus far.
What Is Self Awareness In Simple Terms – Self Awareness is about being honest with yourself. It is your ability to take note of your feelings, your reactions, your habits, your consciousness and your thoughts.
My #1 Tip For Practicing Self Awareness – Practice A Daily Writing Habit
1.Set A Personal Goal – Simply create yourself some time in your day for writing. Whether that is ten minutes in your day or half an hour. The important thing is that you are setting time aside to make your goal happen.
2. Start Small – Rome was not built in a day, just as sitting down and writing may not come as easily to some as others. The writing does not have to be perfect, as long as the pencil is hitting the paper and you are writing, your are accomplishing your goal!
3. Keep A Diary – Find a way to keep a log of what days you sit down and write, the reason you want to create some sort of log is so that you can go back and guage your consistency to obtaining your goal.
4. Write Whenever You Can – Pick time in the evening, time in the morning, whatever works for you. If leaving your pencil and your book beside your bed, so that when you awake you have something you quickly want to jot down, that is absolutely fine, this is all about you and obtaining your goals!
5. Stay Off Social Media – Take time away from social media when you are ready to write. The reason for doing this is so that your thoughts and ideas are your own and are not tarnished by anything other that what is on your mind.
6. Get At It – Just let anything and everything flow out onto your paper.
When we take the time to practice Self Awareness we allow ourselves to learn more about ourselves and what we are truly capable of accomplishing in this life. Becoming Self Aware is really about becoming aware and and confident with who we are.
Love This Content…..Follow Me On Instagram http://www.instagram.com/simpleesoulful